Saturday, April 13, 2013

Week 2: Pharaohs and Pyramids

 This week I have learned how to spell Pharaoh.   I have written it so many times. Our weekly copywork assignments were sentences about Ancient Egypt from the Happy Scribe series, Westvon publishing. http://www.thehomeschoolshop.com/sh-happyscribe.htm


Pharaoh's Crowns:  Cameron would want you to know that the war crown was blue.


Lego pyramid: It is just as well I'm not a structural engineer.  What was supposed to be quick and easy turned into a long project because the pyramid kept falling apart.   I guess we could have solved the problem by building a smaller one but I don't like to be beaten.  Eventually we worked out how to stabilize the inside so it would stay in one piece.  Damien even got in on the action and made a large pyramid with three accompanying 'ladies' pyramids.  Unfortunately he destroyed it before I got a photo.

2 comments:

  1. We are going to start TOG in a couple weeks... working on getting our scheduling and such... crazy. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does take a while to get the hang of things. Enjoy the journey and don't stress to much. Lately I've been focusing on what is the most important thing? That my children know, love and serve God. Everything else pales in comparison.

      Delete